Celebrating Spring and NJ Bike Month in Long Branch!
Spring found the EZ Ride Bike & Ped Team promoting bike and walking safety all
over Long Branch!
April 2 Citizen’s Police Academy Bike & Ped Safety Presentation
- Ped Safety Talk
- Bike Safety Talk
- 17 adult residents participated in a 9 week program at Community College satellite office in LB to learn how to be safer
May 1 Middle School Green Fair
- We setup a safety table with info on helmet fitting, bike safety, anti-idling, reflective stickers, bike safety coloring books, and passes out Walking Rx
- EZ Ride donated two kids bikes for a student raffle that we got from the Plainfield DQ Bike Giveaway on April 27
- Bike Safety Talk with 408 students at Morris Ave Elementary School
May 7 Safety Poster Contest at Lenna Conrow School
- 35 Students entered the contest and 5 winners selected 1 bike bell and 4 sets of bike lights
Upcoming events in June include our Broadway Healthy Corner Store event on June 12 and Shaping LB-HCN Coalition meeting on June 19 at the Office of Community & Economic Development. The most exciting news we got this month was that the City of Long Branch was awarded a 2018 SRTS Infrastructure grant of $ 230,000 based on the two walk audits we did around AAA and the Long Branch Middle School in 2016-17. This funding will be used to build sidewalks and bike lanes and to improve the environment to help kids and residents walk and bike in the community.
For more info about EZ Ride and our safety programs in Long Branch, please contact Lisa Lee, Victoria Alizo, or Eric Angeles at 201-939-4242 ext. 123 or email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org , and email@example.com.
About the Grantee
EZ Ride is a non-profit, public-private partnership with a mission to implement transportation programs and services that enhance quality of life, regional mobility and economic opportunity while reducing traffic congestion & air pollution. The Bike & Ped team offers Safe Routes to School (SRTS) services and works to build safe and healthy communities.
Cohort: Central 2
Funder: New Jersey Department of Health
Cities: Long Branch