Manasquan High School Kicks off Warriors for Wellness Club
To promote wellness to the Manasquan High School students, faculty, and entire community through activities, demonstrations, and information. The overall goal is to provide the skills and knowledge so that members make proper decisions regarding their overall health. We welcome and embrace the challenges of developing and maintaining one’s physical, mental, and social needs in life. We encircle all who are willing to be a part of our club.
Why Focus on Health?
Did you know…?
• More than 1 in 3 youth are obese or overweight
• 17 percent (12.5 million) of the nation’s children and adolescents are obese, according to the most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Since 1980, obesity prevalence among this age group has almost tripled
• 79 percent of children ages 7 to 12 have a diet that needs improvement
• If trends continue, many experts believe that today’s kids may be the first generation in American history to live shorter lives than their parents
• Collectively, over 20 percent of the United States population can be found in the school community
• Because of the size and accessibility of the school community, school health programs are one of the most efficient ways to encourage healthy habits
About the Grantee
Manasquan High School is a four-year comprehensive community public high school that serves students in ninth through twelfth grade from Manasquan, in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States, operating as the lone high school of the Manasquan Public Schools.
Cohort: Central 2
Funder: New Jersey Department of Health