Wayne YMCA Hires First Farmers Market Manager for Wayne Township
Plans for the Wayne Farmers Market are springing ahead with the recent hiring of Jill Goordman, Wayne Farmers Market Manager. Goordman has been at the Wayne YMCA for over 13 years. She is a member and supporter of her local CSA and has a real passion for diverse, local food. From cooking fresh meals for her family to storing each year’s extra share, food is always at the center of her day. Goordman enjoys spending her time practicing and teaching yoga as well. She is looking forward to bringing Wayne a new source for fresh produce and goods from local farmers and artisans this summer.
“I am so thankful for this opportunity,” Goordman said, “To have the chance to bring healthy foods and products to the Wayne community is so fulfilling. We will be able to help encourage people to live healthier lives.”
The Farmers Market is scheduled to kick-off on June 1st in the Township’s Municipal Building parking lot, next to the Wayne Public Library. Plans for the market continue, such as:
- Working with committed vendors and seeking out new ones
- Coordinating with the Wayne Health Department to put health codes in place
- Applications are still being received for the Market (deadline is April 15)
- A wide variety of items will be sold at the Market including fresh produce, bakery goods, honey, and tea & coffee
- Other fun activities for the whole family will be held on Market days including: corn hole, yoga, health screenings, kid-friendly exercise classes and library events
For more information, contact Cathy Scutti, email@example.com.
This program is supported by funding from Atlantic Health System as part of the New Jersey Healthy Communities Network.
About the Grantee
The Wayne YMCA is a charitable nonprofit organization that serves as the center of community and culture in Wayne Township. We are a powerful association of men, women and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. At the Y, strengthening community FOR ALL is our cause.
Cohort: North 1
Funder: Atlantic Health System