Good Food Bucks Make Their Debut!
Photo by Lawrence R. Greenberg of Cage Free Projects, featuring the Greenwood Ave. Farmers Market (Trenton, NJ)
City Green is so excited to share that Good Food Bucks are HERE! After many months of careful planning, preparation, and adjustment due to the persisting pandemic, farmers markets in the Garden State Good Food Network are open for shopping and SNAP-doubling. We are excited to welcome our new and returning 2020 Good Food Buck partners:
- The Beth Green Greenhouse Farmers Market at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center (Newark)
- Blairstown Farmers Market (Blairstown)
- City Green Farm Stands, Veggie Mobile, and CSA (Clifton, Passaic, Bloomfield, Caldwell, Paterson)
- C.R.O.P.S. Markets (Communities Revolutionizing Open Spaces — Linwood, Atlantic City, Pleasantville, Wildwood)
- Greenwood Ave. Farmers Market (Trenton)
- Grow it Green Morristown Urban Farm Stand (Morristown)
- Montclair Farmers’ Market (Montclair)
- Montclair Community Farms Mobile Market (Montclair)
- New Brunswick Community Farmers Market (New Brunswick)
- Riverview Farmers Market (Jersey City)
- West Windsor Community Farmers’ Market (West Windsor)
During the month of June, each of our partners participated in a virtual Good Food Buck training session with City Green, learning the ins and outs of offering a SNAP-doubling program with special attention on COVID-19 safety measures that should be used at farmers markets. The training sessions also allowed for networking among partners, and ideas, questions, concerns and resources were shared. Working together to develop creative solutions and share information and resources is one of the cornerstones of the success seen across our Garden State Good Food Network!
To promote the Garden State Good Food Network, City Green teamed up with Cage Free Projects and Blue Ribbon Productions to film “Double Fresh,” the official commercial for Good Food Bucks. The commercial made its debut in June via a Facebook Live Premiere event, with over 100 viewers tuning in to watch!. The premiere featured a live Q&A with Marti Davis, the commercial’s producer, and Charmar Jeter, the commercial’s lead actor. Davis and Jeter shared what is was like to work with the community to create this commercial, and why it swept awards at film festivals! The event also included a Behind the Scenes compilation created by Director Lawrence Greenberg, and special messages from Fair Food Network’s Program Manager Liz Alpern and some of our Good Food Buck partner markets. The commercial explains the Good Food Buck program and where it can be found, and will serve as an easily accessible and enjoyable outreach tool to get the word out about the program. We are thrilled to share this with our partners so that they can generate even more excitement about Good Food Bucks in their own communities. A recording of the premiere event, the commercial, and Behind the Scenes footage can be found on our website, www.GoodFoodBucks.com/media. The Garden State Good Food Network is poised and ready for an abundant and fruitful season for all of New Jersey’s SNAP shoppers!
About the Grantee
City Green is a 501(c)3 urban farming and gardening organization, based in Clifton, New Jersey working to revitalize New Jersey communities through agriculture, educational programming, and food access initiatives.