Physical Activity in Early Childhood
Members of the Boys & Girls Club of Clifton’s Early Childhood department enjoy at least sixty minutes of daily physical activity in the following ways:
- By providing a variety of physical activities from which members can choose
- Ensuring that play opportunities are planned, out-come driven and developmentally appropriate
- Offering non-competitive activities, unstructured free play or structured activities that involve all program areas
- Having play take place outdoors whenever possible
- In full-day programs, providing teacher lead physical activity to children two or more times per day
- Ensuring that active play time should never be withheld from children who misbehave and additional active play time should be given for good behavior
This policy is part of our overall Club Wellness Initiative, which strives to improve the overall health of members, ages 3 to 17, by increasing their daily physical activity, teaching them good nutrition and helping them develop healthy relationships.
About the Grantee
The Mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Clifton is to inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. For over 70 years, the Boys & Girls Club of Clifton has provided targeted programs that help youth achieve academic success, good character and citizenship, and a healthy lifestyle.