The Wayne Farmer’s Market – Learning from Success
Wayne Township offered a Farmer’s Market in cooperation with the Wayne YMCA for the first time in its history during the spring/summer 2019 season. The market was a huge success and much was learned as a result of this first market season…
- A change in township health license policy is now anticipated which will be more convenient for vendors
- Market safety procedures were reviewed with Wayne Township to ensure clear entrance and exit areas
- An increase in entertainment at the Market as well as additional community health screenings will be planned for next year
- The Farmer’s Market Manager was instrumental in establishing relationships with the vendors
- A Winter Farmer’s Market was established at the Wayne YMCA as a result of the Spring/Summer Market’s positive impact on Wayne Township
Having access to fresh, organic produce through the Wayne Farmer’s Market has changed the way many township residents think about their food choices. Additionally, the Market provided a safe, community-based destination for many families and individuals in town. The Wayne Farmer’s Market was a positive addition to the Township and we can’t wait to start planning for next year’s market season.
This program is supported by funding from Atlantic Health System as part of the New Jersey Healthy Communities Network.
About the Grantee
The Wayne YMCA is a charitable nonprofit organization that serves as the center of community and culture in Wayne Township. We are a powerful association of men, women and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. At the Y, strengthening community FOR ALL is our cause.
Cohort: North 1
Funder: Atlantic Health System